Triangle South Workforce Board
Adult & Dislocated Workers
All program services are provided through one-on-one consultation with a WIOA Case Manager.
All job seekers are eligible to receive Career Services at their local NCWorks Career Center including:
- Job search and job placement assistance
- Skills assessments
- Career planning services
- Job retention skills
- Labor Market Information
- Information on training programs
- Skill enhancing workshops
- Referrals to community resources
- Workforce preparation activities
- Financial literacy services
Individuals who have demonstrated that they are not able to obtain or retain self-sufficient employment may, subject to certain limitations, be eligible to receive training services. The selected training program must:
- Be approved by the TSWDB
- Be directly linked to employment opportunities locally, or in an area where the participant is willing to relocate.
Depending on need and funding availability, financial assistance may be provided for tuition, books, fees, supplies and other support services. Support services include: transportation, child care, background checks, uniforms, tools, immunizations, certification exam costs.
When available, program participants are eligible for work-based learning opportunities. Programs such as On-the-Job Training and Adult Work Experience provide financial incentives to employers so that program participants can "earn while they learn."