Triangle South Workforce Board
NC Labor & Economic Analysis Department of Commerce
- Labor & Economic Analysis Division, or LEAD, of the NC Department of Commerce prepares analyses of the state's industry sectors, occupations, workforce, and key economic trends, tracks and analyzes jobs and investments for economic and workforce development, and is your one-stop source and provider of labor market information for North Carolina.
- LEAD has monthly County and State Labor Market Conditions reports that reports on state and county labor force, employment, and unemployment data in narrative and graphic format.
- LEAD has County Profiles that include information on demographics, commuting, education, housing, and income, wages by industry, and employment / unemployment for each county in NC.
- LEAD Workforce Monthly Activity reports contain information on activities in the area of labor market information, unemployment insurance, and employment service.
- LEAD has information on occupations through employment and wage data. Data is available by occupation for North Carolina and its sub state regions, as is information revealing occupational trends, and occupations in North Carolina that require a license for individuals in particular fields.
- LEAD provides detailed industry data on employment, hours, and earnings of workers employed in nonfarm jobs. There is a listing of the Top 25 employers in each of North Carolina's 100 counties. Information can also be obtained on businesses that have announced closings and layoffs and on companies and industries throughout the state.
- NC Today is a monthly review of labor market conditions in North Carolina from LEAD with comparative data from the United States as a whole, and from selected Southern states on various aspects of the economy. Topics include employment and unemployment statistics, industry employment and wage measures, unemployment insurance benefits paid accompanied by trust fund activities and quarterly updates on employer cost for employee compensation.